The mission is defined or clarified. Decision makers explain how they translate and implement the organizational mission using images.
Purpose: Listening to each other, developing an unambiguous and clear mission, implementing decisions. Continued: develop full use of each employee’s talents. Duration: 1 session of 1.5 hours without a break, possible follow-up sessions. Group size: All decision makers. Initial Situation: All decision makers are present on time and no one can be disturbed. The cards are spread with the images facing up. One person is allocated the task of writing keywords.
1. In silence the participants select an image that fits the mission.
2. Each participant present their "mission-image ', and listen carefully to each other. Similarities and differences come to light.
3. Emphasize what connects the participants. Ask them what really touched them in the story of the other. Write down key words.
4. From the key words a mission statement is formulated (or the current mission statement is clarified).
5. Participants choose a new image for this mission to remind them of the results and to communicate the mission internally and externally.
6. With the help of images employees formulate their talent and tell how this talent contributes to the mission of the organization. The employee gets the picture as a reminder of his talent. This can be used in performance meetings. What was your contribution so far? Has your talent developed? What do you need from the organization?
Nota Benes: When using laminated photos words can be written below the picture.